A garage door system contains various components that must work together, including cables, springs, tracks, rollers and the opener. When any of these parts fail, the system requires repair work to continue functioning. If you need reliable, affordable garage door repairs in central Pennsylvania, the experienced professionals at Drake Reed Door Co. are ready to assist you! Learn more about our repair and maintenance services below.
Garage Door Repair Service
How can you tell if you need garage door repairs? Look for these telltale signs:
- The door opens or closes slower than it used to.
- Hitching or jerking movements occur during closing.
- The door appears to be coming off the tracks.
- Sagging or an uneven appearance indicating an unbalanced door.
- Snapped or frayed cables.
- Damaged or broken springs.
- Missing panels.
- Unusual noises during operation.
- Nothing happens when you press the remote button.
At Drake Reed Door Co., we have the experience and expertise to handle these issues and more quickly and efficiently. Whether you need routine garage door repairs or more extensive work, we know what it takes to fix the problem. We’re familiar with all the makes and models of garage doors and openers on the market.
Are you experiencing a garage door emergency? Our garage door repair company is ready to help with any garage door problems you may be experiencing.
Request Service Online
Preventive Maintenance for Garage Doors
Like most mechanical devices, garage doors require timely maintenance to keep them in peak operating condition. Drake Reed Door Co. will come to your home and execute a series of service and troubleshooting steps:
- Inspecting the door to detect signs of damage.
- Conducting safety checks, such as testing the auto-reverse mechanism that prevents the door from falling on a person, pet or object.
- Checking the tracks, hinges and other hardware.
- Lubricating moving parts.
- Servicing the belt or chain.
- Inspecting and servicing the springs.
- Cleaning the door’s surface.
- Replacing the opener’s battery.
- Adjusting the opening and closing speed if necessary.
Our garage door experts are ready to help you with your maintenance needs and keep your garage door in working order. Schedule your preventative maintenance servicing today!
Request Service Online
The Importance of Routine Garage Door Maintenance
Regular garage door maintenance is important for keeping your garage door in working order and extending its lifespan. Other reasons why routine garage door maintenance is important include:
- Safety: An improperly maintained door can be dangerous. Regular service reduces the risk of accidents and provides peace of mind.
- Costs: Routine maintenance can detect and correct minor issues before they become more expensive repair jobs.
- Longevity: A garage door can last 15-30 years, depending on the materials. Regular maintenance can maximize your door’s lifespan and lengthen the time between replacements.
- Security: A secure garage door in good condition can more effectively deter burglars and intruders who may attempt to use the garage to enter your home.
- Increased home value: If you plan to sell your home, a visually appealing, well-functioning garage door will boost your curb appeal and attract more buyers at a higher price.
For garage doors that are less than five years old, it’s recommended to have routine maintenance performed at least once a year. For any garage doors that are older than five years, it’s best to have your door maintained or inspected twice a year.
Contact Us for Garage Door Repairs and Maintenance
Delivering high-quality, affordable garage door services is a top priority at Drake Reed Door Company. Call us at 717-266-2698 or request repair service for your garage door online!
Schedule Your Service ➔